La maintenance du forum est normalement achevée. Si vous rencontrez des problèmes à la connexion, contactez-moi à l'adresse admin _AT_ pliagedepapier.com après avoir
Si vous découvrez un problème, n'hésitez pas à le soulever dans la rubrique débogage !
Si vous n'arrivez vraiment pas à vous connecter, envoyez un message à admin@pliagedepapier.com
Bons plis et bienvenue à nouveau sur le forum !
Aurèle

DROITS 2012? ;-])

Verrouillé
adrenalinos
Galerie

DROITS 2012? ;-])

Message par adrenalinos »

.. chronologiquement, je ne peux que commencer par ça:
( et puisque, comme dit/demandé dès le départ, j'allais publier/poster le bazar...)
... 8) )
Dear André,

Answers inline below.

Best regards,

Robert

Thus spake "andré lanois" <anlanois@skynet.be> on 3/20/12 10:36 AM:

Dear Master Lang,

I'm writing to you asking some questions... about Copyrights! ;-)
(I'm french native so I'll hope to be understandable, if not please ask me!)

1/ context:
- I fold Origamis since late 2004, and I'm 47 years old now. (divorced, 3 "old" childrens, artist, computer professional and geobiologist, workless now)
- I made a break/pause folding paper, following a misunderstanding with Hojyo Takashi while asking him about his copyright rules... I folded twice his "God Of Thunder", correcting by the way the related CP published in Tanteidan magazin (a pirated one, from china, the original Tanteidan number beeing unavailable!)... (I didn't mentionned thouse details, I was thinking carrefully to make/establish a first contact!.. But he answered like he was shocked and angry, and didn't answered my following emails of apologises denouncing a quiproquo and asking for an answer.. I thought he put me as "indesirable" (?).. I was then very perturbated and stopped to fold a few monthes later, for about 2 years...) .. I tried recently to solve this problem, what is very important to me, asking Nicolas Terry to intercede for my case to Takashi.. the case is still on the road now (I still wait for some answer or any news).
- (I'm an Aspie, so I'm quite hyper-reactive, hyper-sensitive, hyper-emotional, etc. maybe knowing this will help you to understand why unsolvable misunderstanding obsedes me to quasi-stopping living for a while!)

2/ thanks:
I'm very thankfull to/about you, your work and your publications, among the all community of Origamists! (alas, excepting Takashi while my case still remains unsolved!) .. :-( ..
(if I folded first your ScorpionII with pirated pdf files found on the net, I bought your books when I was able to!.. . few years ago your books "Origami Design Secret" and "InsectsII" wasn't easily available!!)

Origami Design Secrets has been available from amazon.com and from its publisher, akpeters.com, internationally, since the day it was released. How is that not "easily available?"

Origami Insects II is not so easily available, so I would agree with you there; however, it has been available from OrigamiUSA (http://origamiusa.org/catalog) internationally for quite some time.

thank you for your mind and your works!

You're welcome!

:-)

3/ copyright:
- while now waiting for the solving of my "little" case, I'm consulting some Origami's forums (french!) and especially about copyrights!
- What I've read about Interpreting (folding someone else's CPs or diagrams) shocked me a little (it seems to be to restrictive!!), maybe because about your own telling in the introduction of "Origami Design Secret" saying pure reproduction of the original (diagram or CP) isn't so interesting, pushing us to modify or add some folds because possibilities of folding are endless, "quite" infinite!
- So I come to you with a first point: your ScorpionII model/diagram!...
- the second time I did it, I found some unused paper to make cheliceraes.. . I published photos of final models on the french Origami's forum I used in that time (since then, this Forum changed its name, historicals data and so on..), hesitating to write/comment explicitly this little "trick" and then choosing to Not mention it, I was curious about how much people would notice it and write or ask about it on the forum! (there was ZERO!).. . I also hesitated to communicate with you about this (I wrote emails but never dare to send them to you!).. .

Too bad. I would have congratulated you on your accomplishment. It's nice that you're writing now, though.

- Now, 5 years later, I'm still waiting to see folded "ScorpionII" with cheliceraes on the net! ... (When making my Crisis as told upper, I removed all of my Origami's publications on the web!.. so my own foldings pictures aren't on the net!)
- Also you were right when saying that most folders are TO MUCH Respecteous to Origami's Masters works so that they even don't think/mind to change anything!
- while not sharing this "trick" I asked myself if you did omit it especially!?.. "How can I figure that The Big Master Lang couldn't have seen this!?!!" was my mind..

I then extrapolated that you made it intentionally, letting and waiting until someone would make it! (this simple little "trick"!).. . . I now still don't know... so it's a question: what's all about at/in/for your mind?

I've folded it both ways (with and without chelicerae), but most of the time I don't think the benefit is worth the extra effort, so I usually don't include them, and that's the way I diagrammed it.

- So!.. now... moreover... What is the concern of a copyright?.. regarding your models for example: when maybe flap-folding instead of sinking, does it so change the original so that the copyright is no more valid/valuable? (someone could use this "lack" to copyright a huge amount of so called "new" diagrams or CPs or models!)...

No, making a small change does not invalidate copyright. What you are making is called (in legal terms) a "derivative work", and the original artist usually has rights in derivative works. Meaning, for example, that if you added chelicerae to my scorpion and then wanted to publish your own version, you would still have to ask my permission to do so.

However, there are also concepts in copyright law that limit an author's rights in original and derivative works. Those concepts include "fair use," "first sale," and "right to exhibit and display." That means, for example, that if you have a lawfully obtained copy of someone else's work, you do have a right to display it publicly. (But you don't have a right to make more copies.)

In Europe, there is also a concept called "right of attribution" (or something like that), which is somewhat stronger than the rights in the US.

The law on these matters is somewhat vague and varies from country to country, and a detailed discussion with all the legal qualifications would take a really long time. Plus, I'm not a lawyer, so I'm not the best person to carry out such a discussion. So instead of focusing on copyright law, I suggest focusing on origami etiquette. If you fold someone's work from instructions they have published, when you display it, give credit to the author and the source of publication. I have never met any author who objected to that practice, although that is assuming you're not doing anything commercially with it. (In general, if you're doing anything commercial, you need to ask permission.)

- so, what do you think about my little "add" to your original ScorpionII model? .. ;-]) ... (if I would driagram it) could I really name it "ScorpionII.b" or "ScorpionII+" or what?

I would have no objection to you diagramming the changes you make near the head to create chelicerae and calling it an alternate way of finishing the head. I would strongly object to you rediagramming the complete model (other than for your own use). Best would be for you to diagram just the bits that are different, and then cite the complete model, for example, by saying, "At step XX of Lang's Scorpion from Origami Design Secrets II, follow this sequence, then continue as originally diagrammed."

- at last, I don't realy care about copyrights

That is a telling admission. I have to ask, if you don't care about them, then why are you asking me about them?

because I'm just a little folder-interpreter and have no commercial or professional expectation with Origami, unless maybe creating my own model(s)! (besides, there is now a growing plenty lot of young origamists who are very talentfull as creators!).. so my questions are more at an intellectual curiosity level/concern.

RESUMING my questions:
- what about adding chelicereas to your ScorpionII?
- what about little changes in copyrighted original diagrams or CPs?

joining some illustrating pictures (a quite heavy industrial foil paper for isolating, 50x50cm, 2005),
best regards,

Lanois André.

ps: I will publish your answer on the forum, forwarding the link of the topic to you.

I would rather not have my answers removed from the context of your questions, so I would ask that you publish my answers only if you publish your complete letter to me, with answers interspersed, with no changes to either. (Although you don't need to include the photographs in your posting. You have folded the scorpion very nicely!)

Regards,

Robert

==========================================================================================================

ps2: untill now, I didn't care to diagram it nor to perfectly fold the unseeable pleats, although there is no ripping!
Dernière modification par adrenalinos le 30 mars 2012, 09:00, modifié 1 fois.
adrenalinos
Galerie

Re: DROITS 2012? ;-])

Bin Voilà!! ... DONC! :D
je ne le pensais pas autrement.. même si je peux (très bien!) jouer à l'avocat du diable! :twisted:
:)
question copyright et le cas de l'utilisation de CP en peinture... . . :| . . :?: .. . :shock: ... ( ça fait de la "pub" à toutes les parties, non?.... dans le pire des cas, elle n'a qu'à -ELNAKA- rectifier TOUS ses papiers et publications pour y ajouter La Référence Première! :lol: )
l'éthique.. L'ETHIQUE, Boredl!!! :D
Julien Gritte
Ori Sensei
Galerie

Message par Julien Gritte »

Merci Adrenalinos pour ta démarche et la parution de celle-ci. Effectivement, ce sont des questions que tout le monde se pose.
Je ne parlerais pas de la vente mais seulement de ce qui m'a fait réfléchir dans ton courrier.

Autant, de mon point de vue, je trouve normal et correct de mentionner le modèle d'origine quand il s'agit de modifier certains détails qui ne modifient pas une structure disons complexe (complexe par réfléchie car tous ou la plupart des modèles proviennent de base traditionnelle non tordue et ou les angles restent à 30 et 45°)

Les variations simples ou intermédiaires des bases traditionnelles sont les plus répandues et c'est pourquoi, on trouve régulièrement des doublons de créations, d'un pays à l'autre. La-dessus, soyons franc, si quelqu'un proteste car il pense qu'on lui a piqué son idée d'un pikatchu fait dans une base de la bombe à eau avec deux plis supplémentaires vers le haut au fond à gauche, alors là j'ai tendance à penser que ce quelqu'un exagère un peu (c'est un exemple bien sur, rien ni personne n'est visé)

La question au final pour moi des droits d'auteurs se posent peu dans le sens ou elle concernent les modèles complexes et tutti quanti (ça c'est pour sarah la copieuse de cp colorié avec des crayons de couleurs) et donc les rares parutions de modèles ou cp complexe légèrement détournés.

Reste aussi et c'est le principal, la vente. Et cela rejoint donc les nombreux et anciens débats sur ce forum.
Maintenant sur http://www.passion-origami.com/Julien-Gritte.html
Ma Galerie,
Mon site sur www. juliengritte. com
Mon Flickr sur www. flickr.com/photos/juliengritte
adrenalinos
Galerie

oui..
- la question de s'approprier un copyright pour un modèle dérivé ne regarde que celui qui a le culot de le faire!.. je pense qu'il sera vite grillé au regard de la communauté Origamiste! ... (ce qui était vrai/faisable il n'y a encore que quelques années ne l'est plus aujourd'hui!... changer la morphologie d'un quadrupède sur une même base ne mérite une attention particulière que s'il y a une justification circonstanciée [par exemple, démonstration par A+B que ce nouveau diagramme-pliage est plusS conforme aux proportions de l'animal figuré!] ... )
... .. . aujourd'hui, .. 50000 ou 100000 modèles d'Origami? :shock:
- avant-hier j'ai pris une feuille et j'ai plié-tessélé... sans modèle, sans schéma, sans diagramme... puis-je revendiquer/copyrighter ce pliage?... eh bin non! .. . il faut se renseigner sur ce qui existe déjà... et une première trace/parution/publication fait jurisprudence en terme de droit d'auteur, non?!
à côté de ça,
quand on est suffisamment "malade" pour passer des heures et des heures à ramasser-plier un papier sur lui-même, je ne pense pas qu'on puisse trop avoir l'Avidité Maligne! .. sinon, il faudrait songer à changer de domaine! :wink:
adrenalinos
Galerie

si je peux encore en rajouter une couche,
je prépare une "exposition Origami" .. dans un cadre éducatif-pédagogique...
j'ai été invité-sollicité pour le faire,
à la limite j'aurais même voulu que mon nom n'apparaisse pas!
( la "Star" de l'expo, c'est l'Origami!.. ni moi ni mes pliages! )
... .. .
j'ai fait un bout de chemin depuis mes primes revendications absolues avec Mes Peintures! .. (je ne me prends pas pour de la merde!!!) ;-]))
avec l'Origami j'ai trouvé un super créneau où je ne peux pas me la péter!.. et j'en suis super-content!
c'est comme une concrétisation d'un "Faire Spirituel", autant inutile que subtilement hyper-révélateur!
... . Donc: "Gratuit", "cadeau"!
je suis très content de faire ce bilan de n'avoir pas gagné un seul cent avec l'Origami depuis mes débuts!!! (alors que je voulais monnayer au prix coutant ce que je faisais -"créations artistiques".. au départ!)... . .
Rien à attendre .. (rien à Foutre!?)
Super!... non?
;-)
Papygami
Ori Sensei
Galerie

Message par Papygami »

adrenalinos a écrit :... . Donc: "Gratuit", "cadeau"!
je suis très content de faire ce bilan de n'avoir pas gagné un seul cent avec l'Origami depuis mes débuts!!! (alors que je voulais monnayer au prix coutant ce que je faisais -"créations artistiques".. au départ!)... . .
C'est génial que tu aies trouvé ton karma à travers la pratique de l'origami. Je suis pleinement en accord avec le concept Origami-cadeau ! Souvent lorsqu'on me parle de la valeur d'un origami, je répond qu'elle n'est bien sûr pas financière (encore que certains papiers...), mais spirituelle, affective. Ce qu'on offre en offrant un pliage, c'est le temps passé à le réaliser, surtout quand le pliage est réalisé exprès pour quelqu'un à qui on veut faire plaisir (exemple de la rose...). Ce temps là à plus de valeur qu'aucun autre, c'est un temps rempli d'amour, de tendresse, de joie, de générosité.
Mais... il ne faut pas oublier que quelques-un ont décidé de consacrer tout leur temps à l'Origami (comme R.Lang entre autres) y compris le temps nécessaire pour gagner de quoi vivre ! La rétribution de la création, voire de l'interprétation (comme S. Weber qui fait du "Pliage Happening de rue"), devient vitale et pleinement justifiée dans ce cas. Le détournement à des fins mercantiles est justement condamnable.
Honnis soient les soi-disant créateurs, arrogants copieurs qui croient qu'on leur attribuera du génie en s'appropriant tels des charognards, une parcelle de celui des autres.
Ouf ! ça fait du bien... :lol:
Ma galerie du Forum et Ma galerie Flickr
"Quand les mains sont occupées, l'âme est en paix". Akira Yoshizawa
Verrouillé